Ingredients: Antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory
Benefits: Moisturizes, anti-aging, promotes healing of burns and wounds and heals keratosis pilaris.
Who should use it: Generally anyone who suffers from skin irritations, keratosis pilaris or who wants to protect the skin from aging processes.
Can be used with : Aloe and Tea Tree Oil.
What is Tepezcohuite?
Tepezcohuite, also known as "Mimosa tenuiflora", is a bark tree resembling a fern that grows primarily in southern Mexico. After forest fires, the tree regenerates very quickly.
- Acne and Blemished Skin: Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, Tepezcohuite may help reduce the redness and inflammation associated with acne.
- Keratosis Pilaris: Tepezcohuite helps with keratosis or strawberry skin by promoting cell renewal and improving skin texture. Tepezcohuite's anti-inflammatory properties may also help reduce the redness and inflammation of affected skin areas.
- Eczema: Tepezcohuite may help treat eczema by soothing the skin and reducing inflammation.
- Sunburn: Tepezcohuite's skin-soothing properties may help reduce pain and inflammation caused by sunburn.
- Burns: Tepezcohuite can speed up the healing of burns and reduce pain and inflammation.
- Scars: Tepezcohuite can help reduce the appearance of scars by promoting cell turnover and regenerating the skin.
Learn more about the effects of Tepezcohuite:
Article: Tepezcohuite: What can the natural beauty ingredient do?
Learn more about the use and ingredients of Tepezochuite:
Article: Tepezcohuite Soap Effect: That's why many swear by the natural product
Available Tepezcohuite items at Viva Maia:
- Exfoliating Tepezcohuite Bar
- Hydrating Tepezcohuite Toner
- Regenerating Tepezcohuite Serum
- Skin Refining Tepezcohuite Duo
- Skin Refining Tepezcohuite Routine
Tepezcohuite soap effect: That's why many swear by the natural product!
Tepezcohuite was used thousands of years ago by the Mayans to treat skin lesions such as burns by grinding the bark into a powder.
In 1984, after a terrible gas explosion in Mexico City that killed 500 people and left more than 5,000 severely burned, the Red Cross treated burn patients with Tepezcohuite.
It was so effective at healing their wounds and regenerating their skin that a year later, when an earthquake caused a series of explosions and fires, tepezcohuite was again used to treat the victims.
Learn more about it in this related article
Benefits of Tepezcohuite for the skin
Tepezcohuite has many benefits that some say make it a skincare wonder
- Antibacterial Properties: Tepezohuite is known for its antibacterial properties and is used to heal wounds.
- Contains anti-aging ingredients: The bark of the Tepezcohuite tree contains antioxidant and anti-inflammatory ingredients, including flavonoids. These are powerful antioxidants and neutralize free radicals, because free radicals cause oxidative stress in the skin and contribute to skin aging.
- The bark extract also contains tannins, which have an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effect on the skin.
- Improve your skin barrier: Tepezcohuite helps to strengthen the skin's moisture barrier. It contains lipids that benefit the skin.